Join me in my journey as a momma, learning as I stumble along the way, pouring out my heart and being covered by amazing Grace.
I am so glad you stopped by.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wait.


Sometimes we have to wait. (like you have had to wait for a new blog post...ahem)

I struggle with waiting. I struggle to grasp God's timing. To quote Inigo Montoya in "The Princess Bride": "I donna suppose you could speed things up?". That is me to my God. I have not been a good waiter. And lately I have been on a waiting roller coaster.
Earlier this year I prayed for God to give my husband a better shift at work, because as mother of a new baby, a toddler and a preschooler, I was struggling, really struggling.  I had dealt with shift work for years and I was ready for a change. To my surprise God answered my prayer (oh ye of little faith!!!) and pretty quick. Then a few months later the gift was threatened.
There was NO WAY for my man to stay on the good shift. What?
I didn't panic. I prayed. I called people and told them to pray. I put my prayer requests out on the web for all to see. Then, all of a sudden, God worked a miracle in our lives. The man was staying on the good shift, when there had been no way for that to happen just a day before.  I jumped up and down. I prayed, gave thanks, shouted hallelujah and told anyone who would listen. I had been shown favor.
So when 5 months later the gift was taken away I was shocked.
"...The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21 KJV
Now what?

I have experienced this kind of disappointment before, far more seriously, when we lost a baby in my second pregnancy. God knew what He was doing.  I still don't understand it, but I accept it. I have peace about it. We can talk more about that journey another time.
There is no greater blessing than a child. But God allows children to be taken away. He will allow other blessings to expire also.
When I got the phone call that we were losing day shift I didn't despair. Don't get me wrong, I am not pleased about it, but I know better to than to think I can understand all that God is allowing in my life.

So what do we do in the mean time, when we are waiting on the Lord? Now what?
The answer is the same. Pray and praise. Seek His face and not His hand.

I am still praying. I am still learning to trust Him. I know He is working on it, and me. No prayer comes back void. I had been griping about it, but I am going to put a stop to that. Not going to worry about it either. I am going to SEEK Him.

I was praying about it the other night when this scripture quote came into my Facebook feed:
 "I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope." Psalm 130:5 NIV

I don't know the "why" behind life's disappointments, big or small. But God does. He knows, and plans far better things then our very limited knowledge could ever imagine. I have had two more (wonderful) children since the miscarriage, which was just 3 short years ago. Who knows what the Lord has in store.
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Issiah 55:8-9 NIV
I don't want to pretend I am not frustrated. I am. I believe in see-through living, so yes it is upsetting! But I am working on this little ole' heart of mine. And if you are anxiously waiting on the Lord for something, I hope this brings you a little encouragement. Praise Him in the waiting. He is waiting on you too.
God Bless!!!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment